Thursday, December 30, 2010

In the game!

I decided it was time to tell why I am writing this blog…. I’m still on the second of three reasons…to help people understand what following Christ looks like - from my vantage point.

As I connected with people from various walks of life, and all sorts of beliefs, I began to see how God in His marvelous grace can reach us and use us for His glory in whatever state we find ourselves in. (Consider David, Joseph, Paul, the woman at the well, etc…) God does not wait for us to have perfect lives. He sees our brokenness and our hearts, and His mercy and lovingkindness have no end for those who call on Him and put their trust in Him.

Well, that’s exactly what I discovered. I was still in the game! My Heavenly Father was taking me by the hand and gently sending me back into the game, where I found I had a new relevance to other imperfect people around me. In fact many - then and now - want to listen to my story and hear what I have to say. Why - because my life’s been pleasant and easy? Not at all… It’s my scars and my imperfect life that, oddly enough, give me a platform to give praise and glory to my God.

I can’t tell you how surprised I was when I first realized this, and how delighted I am that I can still serve my God. You do not have to have a “pleasant” or perfect life before you can follow and serve Christ. And following Christ is both difficult and easy. It requires humbling oneself (difficult for many of us) before a loving God, and before His Son, whose life was given on the cross to free us from the bondage to sin we were born with (easy for us – the price was paid). If you don’t know how great it is to be free, I encourage you to become a follower of Christ. You will never ever regret it.

And now…the third reason I’m writing this blog… It’s to tell my grandparents’ stories from their lives as pioneer missionaries in Cameroon, Africa - so that in hearing these stories of faith, our own faith in God will grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment